Monday, April 16, 2012

Remember Your First Everything

Natalie was eating a dove chocolate the other day. Yes we are eating a lot of chocolate at our house these days. We love the dove chocolate because each piece comes with a little message written inside of the wrapper. Natalie’s dove wrapper said “Remember your first everything”

Natalie and I started talking about Seth. And we decide to come up with a list of Seth’s first’s while he was with us……..

First heartbeat sounds heard by Mommy. At my first prenatal appointment I had an ultrasound. I saw Seth for the first time and heard his precious heartbeat.

First food craving……Olive Garden bruscetta…so yummy and then from their anything with tomatoes…Mexican salsa and chips.

First Day of Kindergarten. Seth was there as Lydia went to her first day of kindergarten. He actually went to school about once a week while I volunteered in Lydia’s classroom and Ben’s classroom. And Seth was there when we went to the school to carve a pumpkin.

First Cardinal’s game. We went to watch Ben sing “Take Me Out to the Ballgame.” We had nachos! And Seth was with me as we watched the Cardinal’s win the World Series.

First Movie Theater movie. The First movie was Spy Kids. We also went to see the Help, Courageous, and The Vow. We had lots of popcorn.

First Ram’s game. We got free tickets from my inlaws. We had nachos there too!

First trip to the Apple Orchard. Seth could hear his little brothers running through the apple trees and playing.

First time Mommy felt him move. It was an ordinary day. I was sitting in the living room watching tv with Daddy. It felt like he leaped. I couldn’t believe how strong he was.

First Christmas card. We announced we were pregnant and that he was a boy.

First Thanksgiving. Seth and I enjoyed two thanksgiving dinners.

First Christmas. The kids were watching for Santa on the computer on Christmas Eve. Seth was there. We spent Christmas morning together as a family playing games the kids got for Christmas. Mommy made a special Christmas dinner.


First Schamburg baby to become famous through Facebook. Natalie posted about Seth every week. She loved posting about her brother as he was growing. 

And many more firsts that I will have to update as I remember them…….

Seth and I also had lots of pregnancy cravings. I once read that the flavors of the food the mother eats actually passes to the baby. They believe the amniotic fluid actually contains flavors of the foods the mom eats. So here are some of the favorite tastes Seth had….Bruschetta from Olive Garden. Nachos….especially nacho supreme from the Mexican restaurant. Seth especially liked salsa. The best salsa had just the right amount of cilantro...... Banana Splits from Sonic...... Baby shower cake and punch...... Corn dogs...... More nachos...... BBQ Company B smoked chicken, green beans and mac with cheese...... Pepsi….and every time I would take the first drink I would hiccup. Seth got the hiccups a lot too.

I taught him some things too…like how to crochet pink booties and then go to the store to pick out yarn to crochet blue booties. How to do lots of online shopping. How read a book on a nook. How to do homework. How to worship God. How to talk on the phone. How to pick out a new washing machine. 

We were looking forward to so many more firsts…..

I know I will continue to be reminded of all the firsts we will be missing with him on earth. But I can only imagine the firsts Seth is experiencing in heaven. Like the first time he saw Jesus. Or the first time the angels sang him lullabies. Or the first time he met other loved ones in heaven. Or the first time he came face to face with God. I can only imagine all the firsts God is revealing to him.  Seth is there experiencing God's glory....what could be more beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment