Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Lydia's dream

This morning I had a sweet moment with Lydia.  I was waking her up for school.  You have to understand that my Lydia is my little girl.  She is a  night owl just like me.  She would rather stay up half the night and sleep the morning away.  So I know when I woke her this morning she was still far away lost in her dreams.  I woke her up and she looked at me said. "I can't touch Seth's hair"  I said what?  "I can't touch Seth's hair."  Then she cradled her arms like she was holding him.  She looked at me and "Seth is in his bed"  I loved hearing her talk about him.  I asked her "Do you miss Seth?"  "Yes" she said. "I do too!"  I said.   Oh I feel so bad for waking her too soon.  She must have been having such sweet dreams with her little brother.

And I have to admit I am jealous.  I long to dream about my baby boy.  If I could just see him in my dreams.  I would love to know what he is doing in heaven.  I would love to hold him in my arms if only in my dreams.  I would love to feel his hair too!  I would love to feel the wait of his body.  Or smell his sweet skin.  If only in my dreams I would love to just be with him.  Maybe I will get my turn...I will hope for it everynight as I put my head on the pillow and sleep.

Sweet dreams my dear children.  I love you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment