Saturday, August 18, 2012

Letters to Heaven

Photo Credit: Small Bird Studio


Dear Seth,

If I could write a letter to heaven I would tell you I can't get you off of my mind, my precious Baby Seth.  It has been five months since you went to heaven.  I wish I didn't have tears in my eyes every time I think of you.  I don't think you would want Mommy to cry so much.  I cannot believe it has been five months since I said goodbye to you. I would so love holding you as a five month old if I could for only one day.   I would love to see you look at me and smile big as if to shout out loud  I am your Mommy and your most very favorite person in the whole world.  If I could write a letter to heaven I would ask you, do you know what I look like?  I fully trust you know the sound of my voice, but I wonder if you would recognize me in heaven.

There is nothing sweeter to a Mommy than sweet hugs from her children.  Today I will be extra thankful for the hugs I get from your brothers and sisters.    I sometimes close my eyes and pretend you are sending hugs to me to.  I can't decide if  it is really possible.  But if I could write a letter to heaven and ask God for one thing to make it easier to live without you I would ask for some hugs and kisses from you.  I would catch them as they fell upon on me and never let them go.


I choose today to celebrate you!  Seth you were longed for, cherished, loved!  The other day I had a banana split. I know it sounds silly, but it was my little way to celebrate you.  I loved banana splits when I was pregnant with you. If I could write a letter to heaven I would ask you if you remember the sweet taste of ice cream in my womb.   I am so glad we were able to share the little things while you were here. It makes me wonder are there really sweet things like banana splits in heaven?

I love you forever.  I like you for always.  As long as I am living my baby you will be. 

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. I so feel this I am missing Jonathan so much tonight it hurts. Thank goodness for our hope of heaven. Saying a prayer for you now!

    ReplyDelete