Monday, August 13, 2012

Ideas and Projects

I am unsettled, ansy, fidgeting.  I need something to do to get this out of my system.

The end of summer is near.  It has been filled with baseball, swimming, vacation, family, friends, laughter, and grief.  The kids will be back in school soon.  I am not ready yet.  I like having them home.  Soon, though the routine will be set, the bus will come, and they will be away at school during the day.  I am worried about the silence it will create in my house.  I am feeling a need to prepare to fill it.

I doubt I will fill it with noise but I hope I can use the quiet to further my journey of healing and finding the new me.  So I have been creating a list in my mind of projects and activities.  I am not a good make a list and check it off kinda girl.  No, I am more of a dreamer who loves to come up with lots of ideas.  So this is more list of ideas.  I will not hold myself accountable if I don't finish the list, but I hope I do.

List of ideas for Project Heal

  • Take a photography class -- I am really excited about this one!
  • Organize a room aka do all the mundane household chores with enthusiasm :-)
  • Attend the Designed For Life women's conference
  • Write, write, write. Because I like to write
  • Go Blog Hopping
  • Try something new
  • Read a book with my oldest daughter--her pick
  • Paint a room
  • Take a walk with a friend
  • Take a walk by myself
  • Create a peaceful place
  • Listen to Christian music and dive into devotion with God

And there it is a list that gives me permission to make the most of the quiet during the day. The list is simple, I need simple.   I can't wait to showcase it all here.  My goal is to fill myself with energy so when the bell rings and the kiddos come home I will be ready to embrace them well and feed them, make sure homework gets done, bathe them, and tuck them in.  I don't want to miss a moment of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment