Wednesday, May 16, 2012

They All Eat Rainbows



In my world...
Everyone is a Pony.
They all eat Rainbows.
And poop Butterflies.


I saw this clip from Horton Hears a Who on another baby loss mama blog (thanks Kristin).   The clip really tickled me.  In fact, it made me laugh so hard I couldn't stop laughing.  I laughed until I started to cry again.  That is another interesting thing I have learned about grief.  You can cry and you can laugh.  Both helps to release the pain just the same.

Last Saturday night I got to go with my kids and my husband for my Mother's Day out with them.  We ate pizza.  We laughed.  We played putt putt golf.  We laughed.  We hit baseballs.  We had a fun time.

I stopped in the moment and just looked at the faces of my children. I remembered what it felt like to be their mom. To look at their faces and enjoy their silliness. To laugh with them.  To love them.  The grief has tried to rob me of this but I won't let it. 

I was having such a nice time that I wanted to make a memory in my mind.  I closed my eyes.  I could hear the frogs croaking.  I could hear the water fall.  I could feel the coolness of the evening.  I could hear my children laughing. 

I was having a They all eat Rainbows kinda moment.  So guess what we did next?

We ate Rainbows. 

Rainbow Sno Cones


Lydia summed up my night.  "I like rainbows" she said.  I do too Lydia.  I do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment