Friday, May 11, 2012

Painting Bird Houses

 Holding a baby.

Changing a baby. 

Bathing a baby. 

Patting a baby.

My hands should be busy doing all things baby.  Yet my hands are reaching for something to do.

Kneading dough.

Typing a blog.

Planting flowers.

Painting bird houses.

I hate that my hands have so much time for crafts and such.  But I am thankful for friends who are helping me find something to do with my hands.

This week I had a chance to see some friends at my Just Among Moms group.  It felt anything but normal, but I am glad I chose to attend.  We painted bird houses.  We painted in every shade of pink.  We added flowers, polka dots, and butterflies.  We kept the conversation simple. 

It reminded anyone can paint a bird house. And it helped keep my hands busy.  I realized as I looked  that no two bird houses looked exactly the same.  Yet they were all beautiful.  My bird house did not look exactly like I thought it was going to look.  Yet it was still beautiful all the same.   It just looked a little differently than I had planned.

 I would rather my hands be doing all things baby.  But that is not to be.


So I will keep painting my bird house.  I am going to paint it every shade of pink.  I may have to stop and let it dry awhile.  I will stand back and take a look.  It looks a little different now. It doesn't look like how I planned.  But it shows signs of everything beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Kim- this is SO beautiful & really speaks to me.... I needed to hear it for some things going on in my own life... Thank you for sharing & blessing my heart.... I love you Friend
    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete