Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Return to Zero -- True Story of Stillbirth Coming to Theaters




Undoubtedly the single most life altering event in my life has been the silent birth of my son Seth at 39 weeks. It rocked me to my core.  I never knew such grief and pain.  It has been a long road of healing.  If I can be completely honest for a minute I would tell you that it was so hard to experience a loss that most in my life were not familiar with. It hurt to realize that I was really the only one who knew Seth most intimately.  I longed for others to love him like I loved him.  It was so hard to talk about Him because people reacted so quietly around me when his name was mentioned.  It made the silence of his birth even more defining as people were not sure what to say.  There are 26,000 babies each year whose birth results in stillbirth. I know it is crazy hard to talk about it, but it matters. These babies matter. My son and his life mattered!  His life has taught me lessons about love and faith that have changed me forever.   I love to tell his story.

Coming very soon to theaters is a movie that tells a story like Seth's!  One of loss, grief, love, and hope.   It is a movie with the main theme surrounding the stillbirth of a baby.  A baby that was longed for, dreamed about and loved.  It speaks the story out loud.  I hope this movie gives stillbirth a voice in our everyday conversation so that people aren't so afraid to talk about it.  BREAK THE SILENCE. 



 Return to Zero 

RETURN TO ZERO is based on the true story of a successful couple who are preparing for the arrival of their first child. Just weeks before their due date they are devastated to discover that their baby son has died in the womb and will be stillborn.

Maggie and Aaron attempt to go on with their lives but cannot escape their postpartum grief. Their lives and relationship have been forever altered by this loss. They try to cope in a myriad of ways -- through denial, escape, and alcohol -- but when Maggie ultimately discovers that Aaron is having an affair with a co-worker, she decides to end the marriage.

Just when Maggie believes she has started a new life, she discovers that she is pregnant by Aaron (in a last ditch 'this will save the marriage' getaway to Vegas.) With the help of her empathetic doctor who had experienced a similar loss years ago, Maggie finally grieves for the loss of her son. Through a turbulent and terrifying pregnancy, Maggie and Aaron reunite to see their child, a daughter, safely into the world.
 


I can't wait to see this movie with my box of Kleenex's in hand.   I know I will cry but I hope the story will bring public awareness and ease us into being able to talk about stillbirth. BREAK THE SILENCE.  It would be so amazing to me if you would join me. Please pledge to see this film opening weekend TBA. It is a real story! The creator and his wife also experienced a stillbirth. Stillbirth is a subject that deserves be told in film and in theaters. Put me "Kim Schamburg" as your Local Leader on the pledge form if you are in Missouri near St. Louis. If you don't live near me consider signing up to be a Local Leader in your area in memory of Seth. You will be sent flyers and movie information to distribute. 


WATCH THE VIDEO & SIGN THE PLEDGE: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HqU43R7iij8WJt1bavZkmjhmPdci56qakUUKt2VfvWg/viewform?pli=1

BECOME A LOCAL LEADER:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jQsys3eU7ZndUgbdMvcDiqrgQPmREFRmb_1kvl0YhWw/viewform?pli=1

More information can also be found at http://returntozerothemovie.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment